Capitium was founded by Joes Leopold. Joes is a former investment banker with more than twenty years of experience managing acquisitions, divestments, hostile and friendly public and private offers, spin outs, debt restructurings and privatisations. Joes worked for ABN AMRO, ING and Citi in Amsterdam and spent 9 years in London as Head of Benelux for Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein and as an adviser to JPMorgan. Joes advised clients in the Americas, Asia and Europe on situtations in the Benelux.
Capitium was founded after Joes was hired to advise the Dutch Ministry of Finance to advise on and manage the nationalisation of SNS Reaal, the failed Dutch bank and insurer. He managed and advised on the restructuring of the group, the negotiations with the EC, the review of the accounts, the recapitalisation of the insurer and the set up and spin off of a bad bank holding EUR 6 billion of assets. He was subsequently asked by the Ministry to advise on the offering structure for the IPO of ABN AMRO Bank and the sale of Reaal to Anbang Insurance.
Capitium’s breadth of experience means that we can help you in almost any situation, from public offers to seed capital rounds. We would be happy to sign a non-disclosure agreement to explore your requirements in confidence. Please feel free to contact us for an informal chat to discuss your needs in more detail or to simply provide you with some background on the Benelux.
M&A and Strategic Advisory experience:
- Public and private offers
- Solicited and unsolicited offers
- Controlled auctions
- Spin outs
Corporate Finance experience:
- Public and private offerings
- Primary and secondary offerings
- Equity, Senior, Convertible and Hybrid Bonds
- Vendor financing
- Syndicated and bilateral bank loans
- Equity derivatives
- Balance sheet optimisation and ratings advisory
- Debt restructuring of senior and hybrid debt
- Financial Services: banks and insurers
- Utilities: electricity and gas
- Technology: telecom, infrastructure, equipment and information services
- Transport: logistics, rail, air and sea
- Services: engineering, dredging
- Industry and manufacturing
- Listed and private companies
- Central and local governments
- Pension funds, investment companies, private equity
- The Netherlands
We would be happy to provide you with references and detailed examples of the work that we have undertaken in the past.